The Aegir team is happy to release the sixth stable release in the 1.x branch.
This release fixes not being able to install Drupal 7.8 sites on PHP 5.2, an issue causing automatic installations to fail and other minor fixes.
We recommend you upgrade your Aegir system.
1. Another special note for users of the Debian packages
We've moved the location of the Aegir packages, so you must update your apt configuration. Further details can be found the in original announcement of this change: Debian archive migrated to debian.aegirproject.org.
The Debian packages also install Drush Make using a package rather than a manual download. If upgrading, you may be prompted to remove your current installation of Drush Make to continue.
2. Installing and upgrading
The canonical source of installation documentation is on the community site at:
In a similar fashion, the upgrade documentation is:
It is still imperative that you read the the upgrade path and version-specific information and follow all version-specific upgrade instructions before trying to run the upgrade script or manual upgrade. This especially applies to users upgrading from releases prior to 0.4-alpha8, including 0.3.
For users coming from the 0.4 betas or recent rc releases, there are unlikely to be any version-specific manual steps required to upgrade, but you should make a habit of reading them anyway just to make sure. No-one likes a nasty surprise!
3. Need help?
If you struggle to install or upgrade your Aegir system, you have a number of options available to you for getting help.
Consult this page for more information: http://community.aegirproject.org/help
Thanks to our awesome community for their help, support and encouragement as always! Enjoy the new release :)
- #1324502: by Steven Jones: Fixed Drush help broken.
- #1301440: update admin_menu to 1.8
- #1282172: by GuyPaddock: Fixed hosting_task_handler_filter_hosting_task_type.
- #1273554: Fixes Clean-up for multiple warnings.
- #1273468: Fixes Typo in variable name inside hosting_package_sync() function of hosting_package.module
- #1213442: Fixes Clients are not imported from the backend correctly.
- #1238560: Fixes Updating client throws a warning about quotas.
- #1283926: by bgm: Fixed Small improvement on the trigger/views filtering in the database dump.
- #1278720: by halcyonCorsair: Fixed missing base_url() in install_send_welcome_mail() for drupal 7.
- #1111572: by helmo, Steven Jones: Fixed Undefined index: profiles deploy.provision.inc:84.
- #1150274: by Steven Jones: Fixed Undefined index: user db.drush.inc:288.
- #1263544: by GuyPaddock, Steven Jones: Fixed 'Can only throw objects in provision.config.inc, line 75'.
- #1261006: - Follow up: Tidy docs and add missing parent method.
- #1266484: - Cannot verify Drupal 7.8 with PHP 5.2
- #983056: by Steven Jones: Fixed installer does not properly escape the mysql root password.
5. Known issues
- #1328316: failed Debian upgrades may trash the Aegir apache config - fixed in the 1.5-2 Debian package
- #1330018: Can't compare platforms ("table doesn't exist" and other warnings)
See also the 1.0 release notes for known issues in the 1.x series.