The Aegir team is pleased to announce the second stabilization (beta) release of the Aegir 2.x branch.
This release mainly targets a few critical bugs that were found in the first beta, namely IP allocation on non-SSL and non-cluster sites which was completely broken and bugs the Debian package. We also introduce a few new features and finally drop support for provisionning Drupal 5 sites completely.
While we are in feature freeze, we have continued to add some UI improvements, since they don't affect the API. We've added some long-standing UI enhancements, and fixed a number of bugs in the views integration and other usability problems.
We are down to only one active critical bug. If no other critical bugs are discovered during the time it takes us to fix it, we should move on to our first release candidate!
Our release process is still done by hand instead of automated because we can't use our aegir distribution as core (issue #1991764)
Issue #1931000: Missing drush backend output in frontend log has been fixed, but may require a patch to Drush for the use of hosting-queued.
Subdirectory support is still very preliminary and needs those issues to be fixed before completion:
- Nginx support missing (issue #2020091)
example.com/foois created, the
example.comvirtual will be overwritten and the site inaccessible under that domain (issue #2020089)
- Multi-server support is untested (issue #2020079)
- Code needs to be refactored to the new 2.x API (issue #2020075)
The move to Views has highlighted some additional issues:
Fixing #2027269: warnings and errors in front-end pre- and post- hooks are ignored for task status required a new Drush commandfile, and thus a 'drush cc drush' if upgrade between an alpha/beta release and HEAD.
The debian package still doesn't properly configure the webserver, a patch has been committed and a workaround is available in issue #2040285.
- #600350: provide a nice "history" of ran tasks
- #1988642: Add site by platform
- #1912238: automatically build and upload aegir 2.x packages
- #585830: usability story: "How do I create a client?"
- #1830220: Drop support for Drupal 5 in 2.x
- #1212086: Platforms should be locked by default
- #1403208: Add additional roles
- #1174440: provide a way to show site's DB username/password in the frontend
- #606120: Disabled sites should be class hosting-warning, enabled but problematic sites should be hosting-error
- #1992254: restarting the mysql server crashes hosting-queued
- #1761932: Explain that updates will require the verify task to run
- #1603702: allows creation of SSL site even if there are no IPs available
- #1130992: User 1 has lost the ability to create platforms
- #1126638: two sites can take the same server IP for SSL
- #1994000: Nginx looking in wrong place for SSL setup information
- #2023621: Unable to allocate IP address for certificate, disabling SSL.
- #1929454: hosting_cron.modules requires hosting_site.module but lacks a dependency.
- #2014589: Views-based package list omits module/theme version
- #2005246: It is possible to disable Hostmaster site via bulk site operations
- #2025533: Mod Rewrite and Apache.conf symlink not created with debian package - beta2