The Aegir team is pleased to announce the third preview release (beta) of the Aegir 3.x branch, after months of development. Development has been sometimes intermittent, but it is not over yet!
This release is tailored to make upcoming changes available to a wider audience than people ready to install from git, but also to make features more widely available and tested. More alpha releases will be published when there are substantial changes.
In the issue queues the central roadmap issue is: #1261030 [meta] Roadmap: Aegir 3.x (D7 port)
1. Major changes
- Improved Drupal 8 support
- Both Drush stable (6.5.0) and 7.x (the master branch) are supported.
2. Major API changes
to be determined.
3. Installing and upgrading
The canonical source of installation documentation is
We're in the process of converting our docs, the old version is on http://community.aegirproject.org/installing
In a similar fashion, the upgrade documentation is:
Note that you should upgrade to the latest 2.x release (currently: 2.3) before attempting the upgrade to 3.x..
It is still imperative that you read the upgrade path and version-specific information and follow all version-specific upgrade instructions before trying to run the upgrade script or manual upgrade.
4. Need help?
If you struggle to install or upgrade your Aegir system, you have a number of options available to you for getting help.
Consult this page for more information: http://community.aegirproject.org/help
Thanks to our awesome community for their help, support and encouragement as always! Enjoy the new release :)
5. Features and improvements
In addition to the "major changes" mentioned above, the following should also be noted.
Changes to hostmaster since 7.x-3.0-alpha2:
- #2450683 by cweagans: Enable r4032login in the default hostmaster install
- Update the ctools version in our makefile.
- Update the entity API version in our makefile.
- #2421341 by clemens.tolboom, helmo: Add default permissions on install
- Regular contrib updates for admin_menu, betterlogin and ctools
- Update the views version in our makefile.
- #2393567: Betterlogin's anon redirect causes issues with services
Changes to hosting since 7.x-3.0-alpha2:
- #2448855 by Pol: Makefile field not saved when importing platforms
- log task processing in drupal
- #2393579: Signup feature cleanup
- #2407885: refactor SSL forms - hide other SSL fields when not enabled.
- SSL code cleanup
- Rename hosting_ip_delete to _hosting_ip_delete to avoid looking like hook_delete
- Rename hosting_ip_load to _hosting_ip_load to avoid looking like hook_load
- Rename hosting_ip_validate to _hosting_ip_validate to avoid looking like hook_validate
- Rename hosting_ip_save to _hosting_ip_save to avoid looking like hook_save
- Rename hosting_ip_view to _hosting_ip_view to avoid looking like hook_view
- Fix typo in variable name
- Allow numbers in Hosting feature names.
- Fix logic flaw
- Fix remaining boolean in access grants.
- #2410603: Fix default value
- #2410603: Working copy isn't currently working
- Remove duplicate reaction to enabling modules.
- Allow scripts to skip automatic verify tasks when enabling modules by passing '--no-verify'.
- Hook into module being disabled
- node_revisions table name changed to node_revision with D7
- #2430807 by clemens.tolboom, helmo: Roles order is reversed to advised order.
- Fix default permissions for optional submodules
- Fix typo in permission name
- #2432397: Add static cache to hook_node_grants
- #2430809 by clemens.tolboom: Notice: Undefined variable: grants
- Do not add validation when the form elements are not added
- #2430103 by clemens.tolboom: hosting_client: Strict warning: Only variables should be passed by reference
- Update db placeholders
- #2410209: Use bigint to store backup size
- Log which drush task hooks we're invoking.
- #2210813 by ergonlogic, realityloop: Follow-up from D7 DBTNG changes
- Rename constant MAX_GROUP_LENGTH to HOSTING_CLIENT_MAX_GROUP_LENGTH
- #2408365 by clemens.tolboom: Strict warning when adding new client
Changes to provision since 7.x-3.0-alpha2:
- #2457359: Stop overriding Nginx SSL settings
- #2396299 by ergonlogic: Stop comparing platform package versions when said package is installed in the site
- Merge branch '7.x-3.x' of git.drupal.org:project/provision into 7.x-3.x
- Nginx: Stop the POST flood to /autodiscover/autodiscover.xml generated by MS Office/Outlook
- Debian: improve setting directory permissions.
- #2193427 by helmo: Remove Debian package requirement for Drush
- Make php5-gd a dependency of the aegir3-hostmaster package, as its required to install core
- Log site installation exception.
- Update absolute URLs to files for sites cloned/migrated/renamed
- Nginx: Use dummy db fastcgi_param placeholders if any of them is empty
- #2350695 by omega8cc, helmo: Profile is registered twice, also as a module, which causes warning
- Nginx: Remove webform keyword from regex locations - fixes #599
- Remove Drupal 8 specific stuff from D7/D6 template.
- Both maintenance_mode and clean_url are ignored in Drupal 8
- Fix for custom cpuinfo logic.
- Nginx: Sync configuration improvements.
- Remove docs for non-existing option
- Add the working-copy option to hostmaster-migrate, similar to hostmaster-install
- hostmaster-resume was renamed to hosting-resume
- #2421543 by notzach: Changing how Apache ServerAliases are defined
- Drupal 8 requires trusted_host_patterns defined in settings.php
- Drupal 8 requires container_yamls defined
- Nginx: Use safe fallback for mysteriously empty $db_port
- Nginx: Use reliable source for db_port to write in the vhost
- #2409085 by clemens.tolboom: Use mutatable interface in install_8.inc
- #2387953: Remove drush-make from Debian suggest line.
- #2276557 by zxaos, bgm: allow aegir2-provision package to accept mariadb or mysql
- Nginx: Fix for D8-specific /cron/ location caching (extended mode only).
- Nginx: Fix for D8-specific /cron/ location regex.
- Update deploy_8.inc to sync it with improvements in deploy_7.inc
- Set files paths on D8 install to avoid using system default /tmp if path.temporary is not defined.
- Nginx: Sync headers configuration in the extended mode.
- Do not copy CDN aliases to the cloned site --CDN vhost.
- Detect and update default D8 site name, if needed.
- #2362703 by joestewart - import_8 ineffective.
- Sync with 6.x workaround for systems with access to /data/all/cpuinfo instead of /proc/cpuinfo
- Sync subdirectory support.
- Force clean URLs for Drupal 8.
- The /login suffix is no longer supported in Drupal 8 and results with confusing 404 error.
- Avoid broken install on D8 core where sites/all doesn't exist by default.
- #2183323 - Remove all remnants of $GLOBALS['conf']
- Fix for removed drupal_mail() which breaks Drupal 8 head install if used.
- Restore missing !edit_uri with hardcoded standard URI.
- Nginx: Drupal 8 with clean urls enabled should use /cron/ URI.
- Nginx: Sync config templates.
- Add missing code for subdirectory mode detection and support.
- Detect if the platform stays the same only when site name changes.
- Use $new_name instead of $new_uri to avoid confusion.
- Compare $new_uri with d()->name and not d()->uri in the Site Rename Check.
6. Known issues
- Drupal 8 support is (Chasing HEAD) not complete.
- The upgrade.sh.txt in provision still had Drush 5.10.0, be sure to change it to 6.5.0 before using that script.
- The upgrade code in the Debian package could fail on an exsiting /usr/local/bin/drush file, this has been fixed in https://www.drupal.org/node/2460023