The Aegir team is pleased to announce the forth preview release (beta) of the Aegir 3.x branch, after months of development. Development has been sometimes intermittent, but it is not over yet!
This release is tailored to make upcoming changes available to a wider audience than people ready to install from git, but also to make features more widely available and tested. More beta releases will be published when there are substantial changes.
In the issue queues the central roadmap issue is: #1261030 [meta] Roadmap: Aegir 3.x (D7 port)
1. Major changes
- Fixed a security issue in the protection of the files directory for multi-site.
- Improved SSL support
- Both Drush stable (6.6.0) and 7.x (the master branch) are supported.
2. Major API changes
to be determined.
3. Installing and upgrading
The canonical source of installation documentation is
We're in the process of converting our docs, the old version is on http://community.aegirproject.org/installing
In a similar fashion, the upgrade documentation is:
Note that you should upgrade to the latest 2.x release (currently: 2.4) before attempting the upgrade to 3.x..
It is still imperative that you read the upgrade path and version-specific information and follow all version-specific upgrade instructions before trying to run the upgrade script or manual upgrade.
4. Need help?
If you struggle to install or upgrade your Aegir system, you have a number of options available to you for getting help.
Consult this page for more information: http://community.aegirproject.org/help
Thanks to our awesome community for their help, support and encouragement as always! Enjoy the new release :)
5. Features and improvements
In addition to the "major changes" mentioned above, the following should also be noted.
Changes ho hostmaster since 7.x-3.0-beta1:
- Add hosting_remote_import to the distro.
- Update the views version in our makefile.
- Remove hosting_platform_pathauto, as it's built-in now.
Changes to provision since 7.x-3.0-beta1:
- Fix protection of files dir for multi-site
- #2036333: Remove CVS deploy code.
- Fix queue lock name.
- Fix syntax error.
- Rework bypassing of task queue lock.
- Fix lock waiting for tests.
- Use Drupal API function for lock waiting.
- #2479345: Wait for a lock on the tasks queue to be available.
- #2479885: Remove anchors and double-escaping from regexes.
- #2479885: Fix mysql filtering regex anchors.
- Add provision-tests-new-run command to start testing D8.
- #2474197: Debian package for aegir3 should depend on curl
- #2475527: Catch additional DB connection failures, and provide more meaningful error messages.
- Generate an SSL certificate for use in the default SSL vhost.
- Add NameVirtualHost for SSL, regardless of IP addresses.
- Merge branch 'dev/mysqldump-error-check' into 7.x-3.x
- Fix up docs.
- Anchor regexes, cleanup docs.
- Split regexes into helper function with alter hook and static caching, and add docs for new hook.
- Clarify docs.
- Split mysqldump filtering into a helper function.
- Dedupe generating descriptors fro proc_open().
- Document new method and fix typos.
- Dedupe temporary mysql config generation.
- Fix up some syntax errors.
- fix comment typo
- handle mysqldump errors again
- #2471805: Add hook_provision_deploy_options_alter() invocations to migrate and restore, and document it in te API.
- #2471805: Add hook to allow injecting options into clone deploy tasks.
- Rename incorrect verify method.
- #2468203: provision-save: default profile from 'default' to 'standard'
- upgrade.sh: move variables to the top
- upgrade.sh: move function definition
- ssue #2460023: Fix existing symlink problem in Ubuntu/Debian upgrades.
- Cleanup upgrade.sh script
- Rename DRUSH_VERSION variable to separate current and new
- Fix Drush version in upgrade script
Changes to hosting since 7.x-3.0-beta1:
- escape < and >
- D7 API update
- code style updates
- Form API update
- Allow sites to be installed when SSL is enabled, but no servers provide the SSL service yet.
- Fix typo in table class.
- Redirect to home page after deleting a Hosting object.
- Allow re-use of deleted servers' hostnames.
- Don't block tasks queue when running queue daemon.
- Release locks in other shotdown contexts.
- Move lock acquisition and release outside of main queue daemon loop.
- Fix queue lock name.
- #2479345: Refactor queue locking to use Drupal API.
- #2464949: Avoid needless saving of related nodes on context_import
- Fix codestyle
- Log which task starts processing
- Pass less optionss ... to prevent Unknown option errors.
- Stop overwriting node titles when importing context data.
- Fix platform migrate confirmation form status.
- #2479001 by mwisner: Fix platform migrate task form does not rebuild correctly
- Fix platform migrate form checks for sites and available target platforms.
- Provide a default platform.
- Allow platform paths to have slashes.
- #2469179: Remove duplicate call to hosting_ssl_filter_key, its in hosting_ssl_nodeapi_site_validate
- #2469179: Improve saving a new SSL key
- #2475455: Document the place for am intermediate certificate.
- Try again to keep warning/error jump links within overlay.
- Keep warning/error jump links within overlay.
- #2175619: Add links to first warning or error in task log.
- Fix check for a platform's path already existing.
- #2474801: Fix task cancellation.
- Syntax fix.
- Add global option to always, never or prompt to delete site backups.
- #1397798 by chertzog, Dane Powell, et. al.: Optionally delete site backups when a site is deleted.
- #2471094: Update the site node with the database name after imports.
- Import site by calling the relevant function directly instead of invoking a sub-process, etc.
- Revert "properly import db_name after site import"
- Merge branch 'dev/hosting-import-dbname' into 7.x-3.x
- partly revert e3bb221: properly save drush output
- properly import db_name after site import
- code cleanup
- Improve ssl description
- #2453807: Convert clients list block to views
- Merge backend output.
- #2470297: Run 'hosting-import' after 'provision-import' on 'import' tasks.
- Revert portion of last commit, included by mistake. It will be part of the nest commit.
- Show backend output that was being lost.
- #2470297: Stop overwriting context prior to import.
- Set platform path automatically, based on title.
- Move site SSL fields into fieldset.
- Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/dev-sni' into 7.x-3.x
- #2069431: Indicate next steps after enabling the SSL feature.
- Fix backup-delete form validation warnings.
- Fix restore form validation warning.
- #2460937: Fix backup deletion.
- Add some checks to backup delete validation.
- only warn about SNI, do not disable SSL, when IP allocation fails
- do not set IP address if none provided, this should permit SNI, in the frontend at least
6. Known issues
- Drupal 8 support is (Chasing HEAD) not complete.
- Drush master has an issue on Debian Wheezy (https://www.drupal.org/node/2491941)