The Aegir team is pleased to announce the first release candidate for the upcoming Aegir 2.0 release.
This release mainly targets a few critical bugs that were found in the second beta, mostly related to ongoing Views, Drush integration and access control. We also introduce a number of new features and finally drop support for provisioning Drupal 5 sites completely (for real this time!). Along the way, we did quite a bit of API cleanup.
While we are in feature freeze, we have continued to add some UI improvements, since they don't affect the API. We've added some long-standing UI enhancements, and fixed a number of bugs in the views integration and other usability problems, as well as overhauling our access control. Significant improvements to the package-management system have also been introduced.
Our only remaining critical bugs are basically waiting on a new release of Drush, upgrade testing on Nginx and some contrib upgrade guidance documentation. If no other critical bugs are discovered during the time it takes us to fix these, we should move on to a full release of Aegir 2.0!
Our release process is still done by hand instead of automated because we can't use our aegir distribution as core (issue #1991764).
Issue #1931000: Missing drush backend output in frontend log has been fixed, but may require a patch to Drush for the use of hosting-queued.
Subdirectory support is still very preliminary and needs those issues to be fixed before completion, see #2046167 for details.
Detailed list of changes
- #1034520: Cleanup package instances when deleting sites and platforms.
- #1830220: Drop support for Drupal 5.
- #1975086: Move log parsing and status updates to seperate functions and call them from a shutdown function.
- Pass the entity type when we're sync'ing package instances.
- Save the platform field when creating a package instance record.
- Move to individual operation callbacks for VBO tasks.
- #2022849: Record disable and delete backups in the database.
- #2031491: Rename SSL permission to be more descriptive.
- Clean up hosting_node_grants().
- Add 'administer' permissions for platforms and servers, and allow platforms to be viewed.
- #905326 by ergonlogic, crea: Improve file path changes.
- #1201174: Make UID1 username configurable.
- #1345118: Make platform access control an autocomplete form.
- #1515416 by ergonlogic, helmo, Deciphered: Replace listing of sites and platforms using a package with a view.
- #1975086: Add 'update status' button to tasks.
- #2005310: Add VBO operations to platforms view.
- #2006074 by Deciphered: Enable backups via VBO.
- #2025787 by omega8cc, ergonlogic, anarcat: Open site goto link in a new window/tab.
- #2022813 by Deciphered: Expose backups to Views.
- #2027269: Update a task's status after all Drush operations are complete.
- #2031491: Review and update permissions for all roles.
- #2031765: Clean up VBO operations with Action Permissions.
- #2035873: Show package 'popularity' on platform package view
- #2036283: Make Aegir aware of site-specific packages.
- #2036793 Ignore hidden modules and profiles.
- #2037045 by helmo, ergonlogic: Change some log statuses to better match Drush's log styling.
- #2037965: Clean up hosting-pause.
- #2038279 by ergonlogic, Jon Pugh: Validate email during site install.
- Display all validation errors when adding a client, and limit to 20 suggestions.
- Flag rollbacks as warnings in our task logs.
- Handle package page views separately for sites and platforms.
- Update default hosting_site views to use new access plugin for blocks, and add a couple more displays for non admin listings.
- Add Views access plugin for hosting_site and hosting_package.
- Add views handler to filter packages by status.
- #1238618: Fix client form validation.
- #1263264 by ergonlogic, recidive, anarcat: Specify a type when getting a package, to avoid collisions.
- #1647830 by sambonner: Fix Incorrect ownership of directories under sites/example.com/private/files/.
- #1861898 by ergonlogic, Jon Pugh: Don't hardcode the types of entities to which we can attach tasks.
- #1975086 by helmo | anarcat: Fixed updating a task when there is none.
- #2025355: view platform' permission broken
- #2026417: Disambiguate site operations.
- #2031491: Fix roles.
- #2031747: Fix Views block placement and visibility.
- #2038891: Add 'client_email' option to 'provision-install-backend'.
- #2038891: Switch from '--invoke' to '--strict=0' for backend calls.
- #2040285 debian: properly detect webserver, again
- #2044251 drush command '@none provision-save' could not be found
- #2045907: Remove extra tabs from deleted platforms.
- Fix php 5.4 issue
- Add missing unicode include for UID1 name validation.
- Fix update hook name.
- Only register shutdown function to update task status in the context of a front-end task.
- Don't display package block on profiles.
- Only show link to add clients on site form to those with proper permissions.
- Override hook_access functions for node_grants when hosting_client is enabled.
- Register node type in hosting_task's Hosting feature.
- Clean up Views exposed forms.
- Fix Views block placement and visibility.
- Only display client sites block on the 'view' tab.