The Aegir team is very pleased to announce the fourth release candidate of Aegir 1.0!
We have again found critical issues in rc3, detailed below, and a few key features that we wanted to slip into 1.0 that were just low-hanging fruits that deserved to be released. We hope this release candidate will be all shiny and without any critical issues so we can release it as 1.0.
Update: because of a last minute API change, the upgrade path is broken and it is not recommended to upgrade to this release. A new release has been published, so use 1.0-rc5 instead. See #1118558 for more information.
Key changes in 1.0-rc4
- There is now a
~/clientsdirectory in which symlink are automatically created to allow easy access to all your client sites (#1115960)
- A variable is now set in
aegir_api) to allow contrib modules to inspect what Aegir version they are dealing with, if any. The setting is removed on export, that is, if dbcloaking is off (#1027358)
- We fixed a big regression where the mass migrate form stopped working in rc3 (#1111532)
privatedirectory of Drupal 7 is now properly protected (#1108810)
- The Debian package has been tested over and over again and is now the prefered install method for people on Debian
install.shhas been removed and the manual install instructions have been revamped to be clearer, see this post for more information about the reasoning behind that change
- DNS has no access control - anybody can create any zone (#922252)
- The site form suffers from some performance issues when you have a lot of platforms (#955854)
- Cluster servers are probably broken right now (#1016890)
- Aliases are not persisted across Migrate, (Rename), Clone (provision-deploy) (#1004526)
- Upgrade path is broken (#1118558)
Installing and upgrading
The canonical source of installation documentation has moved from the usual INSTALL.txt to the community site at:
In a similar fashion, the upgrade documentation has now been moved to the community site at
Within those sections you'll find step-by-step instructions for performing both manual and automatic upgrade processes. You can download the upgrade.sh.txt script from http://community.aegirproject.org/node/431.
It is still imperative that you read the the Upgrade Guide (http://community.aegirproject.org/upgrading) and follow all version-specific upgrade instructions located at the end of the document before trying to run the upgrade script. This especially applies to users upgrading from before 0.4-alpha8, including 0.3.
For users coming from the 0.4 betas or rc1/2, there are unlikely to be any version-specific manual steps required to upgrade to 1.0-rc4, but you should make a habit of reading them anyway just to make sure. No-one likes a nasty surprise!
The upgrade.sh script attempts to backup the existing backend components, download new versions, and then run the hostmaster-migrate command. It assumes you are upgrading from the previous release (hostmaster-6.x-1.0-rc3). If you are not, you may have to edit the script to change the OLD_DRUPAL_DIR variable.
If you struggle to install or upgrade your Aegir system, you have a number of options available to you for getting help.
Consult this page for more information: http://community.aegirproject.org/help
Thanks to our awesome community for their help, support and encouragement as always! Enjoy the new release :)
- #1115960: Moving a site between platforms causes confusion
- #1027358: Set a variable in settings.php so that modules can check whether the site is in Aegir
- #1111932: Move the suggestion of a client title into it's own function (for use when creating clients programatically)
- #1111532: Mass Migrate fails in Aegir 1.0 RC3 - regression from rc2 caused by the security fix below
- #1117296: cross site request forgery issue in tasks - was fixed again due to the above regression
- #1108810: Files in sites/example.org/private are accessible.
- #1102620: provision-deploy fails silently on unavailable database
- #1111572: Undefined index: profiles deploy.provision.inc:84