Need help with Aegir? Documentation just not covering it?
We recommend you run through the following in this order:
- Read the FAQ to check that your problem isn't answered there or that there isn't a workaround
- Review these tips on configuring Aegir, Drush, Apache and more, and avoid common mistakes.
- Search this site to see if your problem or question has already been addressed.
- Look at the current issues for all of the Aegir-related issue queues to see if the bug has already been reported.
- Ask the community for help (but see below for good hints on how to make this work better!)
- If you think you have found a a bug report or support request, head over to the bug reporting guidelines
- If you've exhausted all these avenues and still haven't been able to resolve your issue, or otherwise want some professional assistance, you may want to refer to our Aegir Service Provider Directory
Asking for help
If you need help from the community, you're going to have a lot more success by helping the community help you. Just saying "it doesn't work" or "it's broken" will not help us help you. When you ask for help or report a bug, please include the following information:
- if the install failed, try the install again with the
--debugflag on the
hostmaster-installcommand, or with the
DEBUG=yesenvironment set before running apt-get install
- if a task failed, include a copy-paste of the complete task log, properly formatted (between
- in any case, explain what you are trying to do clearly, what are the expected results and the actual results and how to reproduce your issue
- give as much details as you can: the version of your operating system, the version of Aegir, drush and Drush make you are using, the version of Apache or Nginx you are running, which servers or platforms you are using, etc
For more information about how to ask smart questions, see How To Ask Questions The Smart Way by Eric S. Raymond.
Finally, if you're confused or don't know where to go, you can always come to us! To talk with the community and the developers directly, you can join IRC, discuss site or ask on the mailing lists. See the Community and Support page for more information.