This site is a static archive of the Aegir community site. Documentation has moved to Other community resources can be found on the Contacting the community page.
Skip navigation

Weekly Scrum IRC Log: 2010-12-09


Weekly Scrum IRC Log: 2010-12-09

(02:57:33 PM) ergonlogic: everyone: Weekly scrum being in ~5 mins
(02:57:57 PM) mig5: trying to wake up :)
(03:01:49 PM) anarcat: hey hey!
(03:01:55 PM) anarcat: good morning world!
(03:02:01 PM) omega8cc: hey
(03:02:10 PM) ***anarcat tries to play the gooooood moooorning vietnam cue here
(03:02:12 PM) mig5: good morning, here at least :)
(03:02:16 PM) anarcat: so
(03:02:31 PM) anarcat: welcome to our weekly scrum session, we have ... 13 minutes left
(03:02:35 PM) mig5: woot
(03:02:41 PM) anarcat: we failed at the first directive, and i'm sorry for that (start on time, damnit!)
(03:02:50 PM) ergonlogic: my fault
(03:02:51 PM) anarcat: and i'll start with my stuff, i didn't do much last week
(03:03:02 PM) anarcat: in fact, nothing i can remember
(03:03:14 PM) anarcat: next week is likely to be similar as i'm over[load]ed with thousands of internal needles
(03:03:20 PM) anarcat: that's all for me :)
(03:03:22 PM) mig5: yay
(03:03:29 PM) mig5: ok
(03:03:47 PM) mig5: to carry on that tune, i didn't do much last week, i have been trying to catch up on some tickets
(03:03:53 PM) mig5: my immediate aims are,
(03:04:04 PM) mig5: to test the debian packages now that i know they're in unstable
(03:04:07 PM) mig5: which i will do today
(03:04:24 PM) mig5: and possibly help ergonlogic with this clients permission stuff
(03:04:45 PM) mig5: after that i will start looking at the 'for review' patches in the queue per our beta2 plans
(03:04:51 PM) mig5: but that may not get to happen until next week
(03:05:01 PM) anarcat: rc2 you mean
(03:05:02 PM) mig5: that's about it from me
(03:05:06 PM) anarcat: ok
(03:05:08 PM) mig5: oh really
(03:05:10 PM) mig5: rc2?
(03:05:12 PM) anarcat: er
(03:05:13 PM) anarcat: no
(03:05:15 PM) anarcat: i don't
(03:05:16 PM) mig5: haha
(03:05:18 PM) ***anarcat is on crack, nevermind
(03:05:24 PM) anarcat: i was confusing us with drush, sorry
(03:05:29 PM) mig5: i would be happy to push for rc1 :)
(03:05:32 PM) anarcat: ergonlogic?
(03:05:48 PM) anarcat: sfyn is offline today, but i know he tried to get back into things and will keep on doing that
(03:05:50 PM) ergonlogic: well, I'm working on the permission issue that mig5 mentioned
(03:06:02 PM) ergonlogic: and the udev dependency
(03:06:11 PM) anarcat: right, about that
(03:06:22 PM) anarcat: i'm sure that moshe_work and other drush people would love to see that land in drush 4
(03:06:27 PM) ergonlogic: just trying to get into the swing of things, and familiarize myslef with some of aegir's inner workings
(03:06:32 PM) anarcat: but i'm not sure we'd make it for rc3 at this rate
(03:06:51 PM) anarcat: how do you feel about this?
(03:07:32 PM) ergonlogic: well, I think I'm about half way there on that issue
(03:07:40 PM) anarcat: alright
(03:07:41 PM) ergonlogic: but I still nee to post a patch
(03:07:47 PM) ergonlogic: s/nee/need
(03:07:48 PM) anarcat: ok
(03:08:11 PM) anarcat: *and* it would then need to be ported up to drush... so we can safely assume we won't make it into drush 4, those guys are in a rush :)
(03:08:20 PM) anarcat: speaking of drush
(03:08:28 PM) mig5: in a rush or in a drush? :)
(03:08:33 PM) anarcat: drush is that somebody omega8cc tested aegir with drush 4-rc1, and it works
(03:08:34 PM) anarcat: hehe
(03:08:35 PM) ergonlogic: groan
(03:08:40 PM) mig5: sorry..
(03:08:44 PM) anarcat: hehe
(03:08:49 PM) anarcat: alright
(03:08:55 PM) mig5: yes Vertice asked me to test that too, another thing on my todo list
(03:08:59 PM) anarcat: so
(03:09:00 PM) mig5: glad someone else did
(03:09:02 PM) anarcat: i guess one last thing
(03:09:32 PM) anarcat: we heard from vertice finally and he's coming back after a small hiatus, he's going to concentrate on documentation stuff and helping us figuring [stuff] out
(03:09:40 PM) anarcat: he's also eager (hehe) to release an rc
(03:09:45 PM) anarcat: so maybe it's something we should consider
(03:09:49 PM) ***anarcat looking at rc bugs
(03:10:22 PM) mig5: we have had the benefit of not having too many new criticals. i think if we can tie off some existing patches, we could look at that perhaps
(03:10:26 PM) anarcat: so most of those are postponed (so needs testing and closed: worksforme)
(03:10:44 PM) mig5: do you have a link to the rc bugs
(03:10:50 PM) anarcat:,+hosting,+hostslave,+eldir,+Hostmaster+(Aegir)&status=Open&priorities=1&categories=All
(03:11:05 PM) anarcat: one is the freaky multiserver thing, i'd like adrian or somebody else to look at that one as i don't have the resources or time or brain to look into this
(03:11:11 PM) anarcat: that one is
(03:11:20 PM) anarcat: the other one is the site form optimisation:
(03:11:27 PM) anarcat: which could be postponed to post 0.4
(03:11:33 PM) anarcat: so we need testing, basically
(03:11:39 PM) mig5: yeah i'm still not convinced the multiserver thing is just someone trying to do something we don't support at all (i.e spoke vs mesh model)
(03:11:42 PM) mig5: yep
(03:11:49 PM) anarcat: alright
(03:12:03 PM) anarcat: so i would favor more a testing + rc1 than a beta2 at this point
(03:12:07 PM) ergonlogic: I'm into testing the multi-server stuff, if that's on the menu
(03:12:17 PM) anarcat: ergonlogic: it is, take a look at
(03:12:20 PM) ergonlogic: and dns
(03:12:29 PM) anarcat: dns + ssl integration needs testing too:
(03:12:44 PM) anarcat: and this should probably just be closed: (new servers probably work fine)
(03:12:52 PM) anarcat: that one is more hairy:
(03:12:57 PM) anarcat: not suer about it
(03:13:12 PM) anarcat: but really, i believe we could just test those quickly and release next week, how about that?
(03:13:56 PM) mig5: sounds good, perhaps late next week, allowing me my thursday/friday where i can spend like a whole day looking at some of this
(03:13:56 PM) ergonlogic: I'll look into provisioning some new servers :)
(03:14:02 PM) anarcat: ok
(03:14:04 PM) anarcat: awesome
(03:14:07 PM) anarcat: okay, anybody else has something to add here?
(03:14:24 PM) anarcat: so thank you for attending, and have a nice day!
(03:14:31 PM) ergonlogic: cheers!
(03:14:34 PM) mig5: cheers
Need help?


The notebook section provides a way for you to store and share information with your group members. With the book feature you can:

  • Add book pages and organize them hierarchically into different books.
  • Attach files to pages to share them with others.
  • Track changes that others have made and revert changes as necessary.
  • Archive books that are no longer of interest to the group. Archived books can be reactivated later if needed.