The Aegir team is happy to release the fourth stable release in the 1.x branch. We have found only one critical bug (Drush 4.5 support) but have also fixed so many little bugs that we figured it was about time to make a new release. Also, it's becoming a bit of a tradition at DrupalCons :)
The major changes from 1.2 are a bunch of bug fixes for clients functionality, and a fix for the wget cron method.
Thank you to those who donated to the project since the previous release: harley, lol, rink & arielqgold. We continue to accept donations in order to cover various project costs. As an open source project, we need the support of the community to ensure ongoing development and support. Koumbit is pleased to provide administrative support for this, and you can find the donation page on their site: http://membres.koumbit.org/en/civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=5, which is also linked to directly from the front page of the community site.
1. Installing and upgrading
The canonical source of installation documentation is on the community site at:
In a similar fashion, the upgrade documentation is:
It is still imperative that you read the the upgrade path and version-specific information and follow all version-specific upgrade instructions before trying to run the upgrade script or manual upgrade. This especially applies to users upgrading from releases prior to 0.4-alpha8, including 0.3.
For users coming from the 0.4 betas or recent rc releases, there are unlikely to be any version-specific manual steps required to upgrade, but you should make a habit of reading them anyway just to make sure. No-one likes a nasty surprise!
2. Need help?
If you struggle to install or upgrade your Aegir system, you have a number of options available to you for getting help.
Consult this page for more information: http://community.aegirproject.org/help
Thanks to our awesome community for their help, support and encouragement as always! Enjoy the new release :)
3. New features
As per our maintenance policy, we have not added any new features in this release.
- #1250068: Drush 4.5 breaks Aegir completely
- #1256372: Drupal 7.7 site install fails with Drush 4.5
- #1238588: Problem with client internal name prefixes
- #1237178: hosting_client_validate_suggest() appears broken
- #1236490: "View client" permission broken
- #1222208: Wget method is extremely unstable and easily locks cron task completely
- #1108810: Files in sites/example.org/private are accessible.
- #1223506: cloning a site looses client site ownership
- #1200066: hosting_get_client uses client title instead of the (unique) internal name