This site is a static archive of the Aegir community site. Documentation has moved to Other community resources can be found on the Contacting the community page.
Skip navigation

Weekly Scrum IRC Log: 2011-02-17


Weekly Scrum IRC Log: 2011-02-17

07:00 <@anarcat> so welcome to our weekly scrum
07:01 -!- JoshBenner_ [] has joined #aegir
07:01 <@anarcat> so to start with - i had a major fuckup with the community site with a verify that went bad
07:01 <@anarcat> because the alias didn't have the profile set in
07:01 <@anarcat> i documented all this in here
07:01 <@mig5> reading that now. why did oyu need to manually run provision-deploy rather than standard migrate?
07:02 <@anarcat> mig5: because the site wasn't in aegir at first
07:02 <@mig5> gotcha
07:02 <@anarcat> i was importing from devseed
07:02 <@mig5> oh ofcourse *slaps forehead*
07:02 <@anarcat> maybe i should clarify that.. but anyways
07:02 <@mig5> no i'm just a dick and just woke up :)
07:02 <@anarcat> other than that, this week i have struggled with the issue queue
07:02 <@mig5> +1...
07:03 <@anarcat> specificall with that eugene guy which apparently decided we were evil and decided to develop his own stuff privately and stop collaborating on the queue
07:03 <@anarcat> i wrote a response in the issue queue, but i wanted to share here that it pissed me off real bad to hear somebody just go away like this because we're not being nice enough
07:03 <@anarcat> when he's treating us with abuse and duplicate issues
07:04 <@anarcat> hopefully he will not come back to the queue but share his work with others so that we don't reinvent the wheel
07:04 <@anarcat> one of those duplicate issues is this:
07:05 <@mig5> his hosting_folders feature was just wrong anyway
07:05 <@anarcat> apparently eugene had a contrib module to fix this, but because i marked his issue as duplicate of mine, he got angry and removed his code from github
07:05 <@anarcat> but anyways, we talked about this vhost customization thing, and people were suggesting that it should be in contrib, but i feel like i disagree - if it's safe, it could be in core couldn't it?
07:05 <@mig5> the subfolder stuff?
07:06 <@anarcat> no no
07:06 <@anarcat>
07:06 <@anarcat> the custom vhost stuff
07:06 <@mig5> ah
07:06 <+omega8cc> in core, imo
07:06 <@anarcat> right
07:06 < eft_> anarcat: that's moving vhost config  into front end?
07:07 -!- Artusamak is now known as Artusamak_afk
07:07 <@anarcat> so anyways, that's about it for me - i'll try to work more on the issue queue and make an RC during next week unless there are objections here
07:07 <@anarcat> eft_: no
07:07 <@anarcat> mig5: next!
07:07 < eft_> anarcat: that's great that you migrated c.a.o. - do we still need the 1700 EST downtime in the header of this channel
07:07 <@anarcat> eft_: no
07:07 -!- anarcat changed the topic of #aegir to: Aegir hosting system 0.4-beta2 released! | Issue queue: | read this before asking: | scrums on thursdays 2000UTC
07:08 <@mig5> i've done nothing all week due to some hectic work and basically some of our users killing my love for the project.
07:08 <@mig5> i fixed a minor bug here or there
07:08 <@mig5> and will likewise attack the queue some more, i think we should rc soonor we'll just be forever trying to battle that
07:08 <@anarcat> yeah
07:08 <@anarcat> agreed
07:09 <@mig5> that's it from me
07:09 <@anarcat> seems like the only blocker is the ssl rollback, which we could roll into another rc
07:09  * eft_ wishes he had more to offer than nitpicks about channel headers
07:09 -!- Artusamak_afk is now known as Artusamak
07:09 <@anarcat> let's just RC the fucking thing
07:09 <@anarcat> mig5: if you feel like it - just do it, and ignore the issue queue ;)
07:09 < eft_> mig5: any progress on your workflow diags?
07:09 <@anarcat> eft_: you can fight with trolls in the issue queue and get them off our backs :)
07:09 <+omega8cc> go with RC - to avoid "one more thing" syndrome == release 3 years later ;)
07:09 <@anarcat> there's a lot of triage work that is needed in the queue, that mostly anyone could do
07:09 <@mig5> eft_: that was just for a client proposal, it wasn't very good,
07:10 <@anarcat> mig5: anything else?
07:10 <@mig5> anarcat: nope, that's it, i might release today then if i get time
07:10 < eft_> anarcat: bon cop, bad cop
07:10 <@anarcat> eft_: ouaip :)
07:10 <@anarcat> Vertice / adrinux / darthsteven / grugnog / mvc / omega8cc / sfyn / ergonlogic / univate_: anybody else got something to add to our scrum?
07:10 <@anarcat> mig5: that would be just amazing :)
07:10 <+omega8cc> not much from me this week, I only made barracuda/octopus compatible with Debian 6 and Ubuntu 10.10 plus some new fixes for Nginx config
07:11 <@anarcat> okay, anyone else?
07:11 <+ergonlogic> nothing from me
07:11 <+omega8cc> hope to work on contrib module for solr cores automatic setup - integrated with skwashd work
07:11 <@anarcat> univate_: thanks for those patches, btw, keep em coming!
07:11 <@anarcat> omega8cc: that would be freakin awesome!
07:12 <@anarcat> omega8cc: we got config for secure multi-core setups if you're interested... in our wiki
07:12 <+omega8cc> yep
07:12 <@mig5> anarcat: would love a review of
07:12 <@mig5> (re:univate)
07:12 <@anarcat> mig5: got it, maybe tomorrow
07:12 <@anarcat> mig5: but don't wait for this to rc
07:12 <@mig5> ok
07:12 <+omega8cc> anarcat: I will check that, thanks!
07:12 <@anarcat> okay, anyone else?
07:13 <+ergonlogic> now that is hosted at Koumbit, I could help if there's any issues with the site itself
07:13 <+ergonlogic> just let me know
07:13 <@mig5> eft_: wanted thesession_timeout something or other to be raised
07:13 <@mig5> so that it remembers you're loged in
07:13 <@mig5> logged* bah.
07:13 <@anarcat> ergonlogic: yeah, i think mig5 had issues with some images you could help with
07:13 <@anarcat> mig5: ^?
07:14 <@mig5> which images?
07:14 <@anarcat> mig5: i don't recall
07:14 <@anarcat> istr there was some thumbnail problem... wasn't there?
07:14 <@mig5> oh yes
07:14 < eft_> yea
07:14 <@mig5> possibly an atrium bug or something weird
07:14 <@anarcat> yeah
07:14 <@mig5>
07:14 <@anarcat> well now we have root, so let us know what we need to do :)
07:14 <@mig5> the href to that is the full size image, but it *always* loads the thumbnail
07:14 <@anarcat> ergonlogic can take care of it or i can help
07:14 <+ergonlogic> ok, I'll take a look
07:15 <@anarcat> okay, i gotta go
07:15 <@anarcat> and the scrum is over, thanks for attending, people!
07:15 <@anarcat> and have a nice day
07:15 <@mig5> cheers
07:15 <+ergonlogic> thanks all
07:15 < eft_> ciao
07:15 <+omega8cc> ciao
Need help?


The notebook section provides a way for you to store and share information with your group members. With the book feature you can:

  • Add book pages and organize them hierarchically into different books.
  • Attach files to pages to share them with others.
  • Track changes that others have made and revert changes as necessary.
  • Archive books that are no longer of interest to the group. Archived books can be reactivated later if needed.