The Aegir team is very pleased to announce the first release candidate of Aegir 0.4!
This is the first rc from which we will go into crazy bugfixing mode until we have no criticals and will then roll out the official 0.4.
Key changes in 0.4-rc1
There are a lot of bug fixes and features added into this release.
Significantly, a major data-loss bug was fixed in Multiserver environments, that was causing a remote site's 'files' directory contents to be deleted if those files didn't already exist on the 'master' copy of the site on the hostmaster system.
Also, we stopped hardcoding "$conf['cache'] = 1" in sites' settings.php, returning control over the caching function back to the user by way of:
- inserting the preferred setting into a file called 'local.settings.php' alongside the settings.php so it won't be clobbered by the template, or
- same as above but in /var/aegir/config/includes/global.inc to set it globally for all sites, or
- setting it in /admin/settings/performance on your site, and having that setting stick instead of being reset by the hardcode.
- DNS has no access control - anybody can create any zone (#922252)
- The site form suffers from some performance issues when you have a lot of platforms (#955854)
- Cluster servers are probably broken right now (#1016890)
- Aliases are not persisted across Migrate, (Rename), Clone (provision-deploy) (#1004526)
Installing and upgrading
The canonical source of installation documentation is as usual the excellent INSTALL.txt. The hostmaster and provision tarballs have the following checksums:
For users who have Rackspace Cloud accounts and want to install Aegir in the cloud, you are welcome to try mig5's Frigg script, which automatically creates a new virtual server and installs Aegir, with one command!
It is still imperative that you read the UPGRADE.txt and follow all version-specific upgrade instructions located at the end of the document before trying to run the upgrade script. This especially applies to users upgrading from before 0.4-alpha8, including 0.3.
For users coming from 0.4-beta1 or beta2, there are unlikely to be any version-specific manual steps required to upgrade to 0.4-rc1, but you should make a habit of reading them anyway just to make sure. No-one likes a nasty surprise!
The upgrade.sh script attempts to backup the existing backend components, download new versions, and then run the hostmaster-migrate command. It assumes you are upgrading from the previous release (hostmaster-0.4-beta2). If you are not, you may have to edit the script to change the OLD_DRUPAL_DIR variable.
- #1057736 : Cloning SSL sites will lead to a non SSL site .. but certificate is still copied
- #1057178 : Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated task.hosting.inc
- #1059328 : Restore and Backup_Delete tasks submit dialog even when no backups are available
- #1057280 : Site batch api error
- #1058650 : Web_group 'www' missing in $common_groups array
- #1047922 : Drush 4.x and 5.0-dev/HEAD breaks Aegir in some (hidden) ways - paths in files not rewritten on clone/migrate/rename
- #931420 : Task list in hosting_summary block shows underscores
- #1052028 : [DNS] Creating and deleting zone configuration on slaves doesn't work with PHP 5.3
- #1053834 : [DNS] error adding a new record on existing zone
- #1033072 : migrate interface takes forever (litterally) to load
- #976300 : web server migration results in content removal when site is verified
- #888194 : Trying to get property of non-object provision.inc:57
- #775850 : Openpublish 2.0 Installation profile is not seen by Aegir
- #996578 : Install Profiles disappear from profile list on load or refresh of site creation form
- #1003666 : If site quota is at 100% editing site nodes is not possible
- #1039010 : Enforce that platform names and paths must be unique, even across remote servers, because of the spoke model
- #959852 : Add new server confirmation text indicates wrong server type
- #1037222 : upgrade.sh and upgrade.txt ambiguous about drush and drush make versions
- #985518 : Default client changes if Clients feature was ever enabled (0.4-beta1)
- #1014638 : All Drush versions since 4.0-rc6 are breaking Aegir completely
- #1009386 : /var/aegir/platforms logic syncs all platforms to the remote web server
- #1008954 : Fatal error: Call to undefined function hosting_site_list
- #994210 : Add support for some common files/subdirs like css/js/ctools/imagecache
- #984396 : we stopped hardcoding page cache in settings.php
- #630336 : billing support
- #1005014 : Bulk operations - doesn't display all available tasks
- #1044938 : Allow local.settings.php to override global.inc to make it usable
- #1042758 : Display filesize on Backups lists
- #860582 : Get site by alias as well as url
- #1039168 : after creating platform, publish path should not be changeable
No Drush 4 or Drush Make 2.0?
Some people might be wondering why we haven't changed the install.sh or upgrade.sh scripts to fetch the latest Drush 4.2 release or Drush Make 2.0.
Drush 4.2 has a bug which breaks rsync and possibly other stuff when using multiserver.
It's been fixed in Drush, but we are awaiting a 4.3 release before we roll with it. If you see 4.3 come out, you can probably upgrade your Drush if you wish (we tested this morning and are in fact compatible with Drush HEAD at time of writing).
See this ticket for more: http://drupal.org/node/1041386
Drush Make 2.0 has a bug that prevents building platforms from distributions that didn't come from drupal.org.
This has also been fixed in HEAD, but we are awaiting a 2.1 release before we roll with it. If you see 2.1 come out, you can probably upgrade your Drush Make if you wish.
See this ticket for more: http://drupal.org/node/1059238
We are working with the developers of these projects to attempt to 'sync' our releases in future, but we wanted to roll out rc1 to all you good folk sooner rather than later this time :)
If you struggle to install or upgrade your Aegir system, you have a number of options available to you for getting help.
Consult this page for more: http://community.aegirproject.org/help
Thanks to our awesome community for their help, support and encouragement as always!
|Referenced by||Last post||Author|
|First release candidate out - 0.4 branch frozen, master branch opened to development||Sun, 03/13/2011 - 05:56||anarcat|