Plan for porting Aegir to D7 and creating a DNS editor. A project for Google Summer of Code 2011.
Please offer advice on how to improve the plan I've outlined below.
Relevant links: Hostmaster sandbox for GSOC2011
Before May 24:
- Review Git docs and other resources to learn more about using Git.
- Review issues/patches relevant to D7 port and DNS editor.
- Review api.aegirproject.org and community.aegirproject.org/developing.
- Discuss planned work with aegir maintainers.
- Refine plan below based on what I've learned from the handbook, api, and aegir maintainers.
Week one: Work on porting Aegir theme Eldir to Drupal 7. Finalize plans for porting the Aegir modules and install profile.
Week two: Finish porting Eldir to Drupal 7. Port the Aegir Hosting module to Drupal 7.
Weeks three through six: Port the Task, Client, DB Server, Package, Platform, Site, and Web Server modules to Drupal 7. Test ported modules.
Weeks six through nine: Port modules Alias, Clone, Cron, Migrate, Quota, Signup, Task, and Web Cluster to Drupal 7. Test ported modules.
Weeks ten and eleven: Work on the DNS zonefile editor.
Weeks twelve and thirteen: Continue testing ported projects and the DNS zonefile editor. Update documentation to reflect changes in the upgrade to Drupal 7.