This site is a static archive of the Aegir community site. Documentation has moved to Other community resources can be found on the Contacting the community page.
Skip navigation

Revision of Weekly Scrum IRC Log: 2011-01-28 from Thu, 01/27/2011 - 20:24


Weekly Scrum IRC Log: 2011-01-28

07:01 <@anarcat> morning!
07:01 <@anarcat> scrum is late omg! ;)
07:01 <@mig5> hai!
07:01 <@mig5> oops
07:01 <@anarcat> sorry i'm late :)
07:01 <@mig5> too many emails to read
07:01 <@anarcat> first rule of scrums : start on time damnit! ;)
07:01 < eft_> people still use email?
07:02 <@mig5> only 1 minute off. i blame timezones
07:02 <@anarcat> so anyways
07:02 <@anarcat> i almost caught up on all my issues
07:03 <@anarcat> i reported a few following significant upgrades
07:03 <@anarcat> maybe that was last week
07:03 <@mig5> I think so :)
07:03 <@anarcat> i want to make rc tonight
07:03 <@mig5> !
07:03 <@anarcat> oh, we have deployed our first d7 platform here
07:03 <@mig5> nicely done.hefring in here runs on d7
07:04 <@anarcat> still waiting on actual tests for this - i think i'll just merge it in:
07:04 <@anarcat> i agree with that path shouldn't be editable
07:04 <@anarcat> and well, that's it!
07:04 <@mig5> nice!
07:04 <@anarcat> i think that koumbit will rework its own roadmap next week, so i'll keep you up to date on that
07:04 <@anarcat> so how about an rc?
07:04 <@mig5> yes please do merge that in, i have heard a number of people add those indexes themselves and report good results
07:05 <@mig5> an rc sounds good
07:05 <@mig5> i would like to fix this
07:05 <@mig5> this functionality got ripped out for some reason in like, June
07:05 <@mig5> so it's not critical, but i hate seeing good work disappear
07:05 <@anarcat> ah
07:05 <@anarcat> yeah, agreed
07:06 <@mig5> i'll briefly run through what i've been doing in the last 48 hours
07:06 <@mig5> i've mainly been trying to stabilise a bunch of shit
07:06 <@mig5> You could create platforms and servers with the same names/hostnames, leading to Duplicate entries and context clashes
07:06 <@mig5> 
07:07 <@mig5> Drush 4.x is broken in terms of rsyncing stuff to remote servers, so I reverted HEAD to use 3.3. see
07:07 <@mig5> Drush Make beta10 is broken re: remote makefile referencing. So upped to beta11.
07:07 <@mig5> committed that fix for that Quota bug:
07:07 <@mig5> Some deprecated ereg_replace thing in provision
07:07 <@mig5> uid 1 was not mapped to client 1 in hosting_client_user which broke some client-based platform access control
07:08 <@mig5> unconed identified an infinite loop with provision-save and contexts:
07:08 <@mig5> I couldn't reproduce the infinite loop but can confirm clusters simply don't work
07:08 <@anarcat> about that uid1 thing - i thought uid1 was bypassing all access checks?
07:08 <@anarcat> i think ergonlogic had problems with that in the past too
07:08 <@anarcat> i see
07:08 <@mig5> it *was* at some point
07:08 <@anarcat> it'd be nice that node/267 be reported as a real bug...
07:08 <@mig5> but i decided, if we are letting people check a box granting access to that user, then maybe it should just work as expected
07:08 <@anarcat> too bad ppl report issues on community.a.o
07:08 <@anarcat> agreed
07:08 <@mig5> if it bypasses the checks, it should probably not even be a checklist option, 
07:08 <@mig5> so i just fixed it the other way
07:08  * anarcat nods
07:08 <@anarcat> ok
07:09 <@mig5> yes unconed, He supplied me with a patch that seems to fix clusters! but concerned that I still couldn't reproduce the infinite loop.
07:09 <@mig5> xk has similar issues, so I put the patch there for review:
07:09 <@anarcat> cool
07:09 <@mig5> and finally that Aliases thing
07:09 <@mig5> (phew! yes i did take notes in preparation for this scrum :)
07:09 <@mig5> that's me done
07:09 <@anarcat> man you're awesome
07:09 <@anarcat> do you plan to be as awesome next week? ;)
07:10 <@mig5> i can try, but i might balance it out by throwing in some migressions
07:10 <@mig5> :)
07:10 < eft_> my efforts are barely worth mentioning
07:10 < eft_> I didn't mention last week that I contributed a small wiki : using drush_make to optimize workflow
07:11 <@mig5> eft_: yes, nice article!
07:11 <@anarcat> mig5: excellent :)
07:11 <@anarcat> okay, anyone else has anything to add?
07:11 <@anarcat> anybody scared of an RC?
07:11 <+omega8cc> This week (well, in the last minute) I rewrote and finally submitted for review two commits: one to add Nginx related how-to in the docs/INSTALL.txt - and second (too big probably, sorry!) with many improvements for Nginx configuration templates: I promise to submit future changes in the small incremental chunks instead of one big update. Next week I plan to submit even more Nginx related improv
07:11 <+omega8cc> and will debug mysterious issue - Aegir fails to rewrite paths in the "files" table on second and next site rename tasks, it works only on the first rename and I reproduced it on more than 5 imported sites, so something for sure interesting to debug and submit a patch (I hope). Also, I plan to finally work on some multiserver deployments and hope to help to find a fix for Drush 4.1 - That is it from me.
07:12 <@anarcat> omega8cc: your first line was stripped
07:12 <@anarcat> at Nginx related improv
07:12 <@mig5> nice, yes i freaked out the other day not knowing how to set up aegir with just nginx :) so those docs would be great
07:12 <@anarcat> thanks omega8cc ! :)
07:13 <@anarcat> your work is really appreciated, i wonder if we shouldn't just commit the huge patch with the hope that next ones will be incremental :)
07:13 <@anarcat> esp. considering you also use git, you should really "commit often" :)
07:13 <@anarcat> okay, anybody else?
07:13 <@mig5> anRC would be great - either way, yes definitely a new release, there are some annoying and critical bugs in beta2 (the data loss multiserver one for one)
07:13 < eft_> any word from devseed on moving c.a.o. ?
07:13 <@mig5> oh yes. or a.o
07:14 <@mig5> does anyone want to work on a drupalised version of a.o? and maybe give it to anarcat to host (or i can host it)
07:14 <@mig5> i can't theme for shit, so I'm out :)
07:14 < eft_> how much is there?
07:14 <@anarcat> mig5: i don't think we should drupalize a.o, actually
07:14 <@mig5> ah, cool that's fine with me
07:14 <@anarcat> just leave it like this, but remove the time-changing stuff
07:14 <@anarcat> and yeah we can host it
07:14 <@mig5> i remember adrian mentioning it
07:15 <@anarcat> oh, the DNS transfer of a.o and .com is stuck
07:15 <@mig5> everyone is annoyed at the g.d.o link, so if we could change that at least
07:15 <@mig5> ah
07:15 <@anarcat> email problems between gandi and devseed
07:15 <@anarcat> yeah
07:15 <@anarcat> but they wanted to transfer ownership of the domains too
07:15 <@anarcat> and i started the xfer
07:15 <@mig5> oh i see
07:16 <@anarcat> but anyways, yeah, transfer the NS and we'll go ahead from there
07:16 <@anarcat> okay, that's it for the scrum folks, thanks for attendign!
07:16  * anarcat heading for a sandwich
07:16 <@mig5> cheers
07:16 < eft_> later
Need help?


The notebook section provides a way for you to store and share information with your group members. With the book feature you can:

  • Add book pages and organize them hierarchically into different books.
  • Attach files to pages to share them with others.
  • Track changes that others have made and revert changes as necessary.
  • Archive books that are no longer of interest to the group. Archived books can be reactivated later if needed.

The revisions let you track differences between multiple versions of a post.