This site is a static archive of the Aegir community site. Documentation has moved to http://docs.aegirproject.org. Other community resources can be found on the Contacting the community page.
Skip navigation

News

• Mon, 07/09/2012 - 13:39
    Koumbit has been building services based on the Aegir Hosting System, in one way or another, since the project's inception. So it's with great pride (and a little relief) that we happily announce the public availability of our latest. Our AegirVPS services provide managed, dedicated virtual servers with Aegir fully installed, monitored, maintained and supported.
  • Wed, 03/21/2012 - 16:14
    So, why isn't Aegir at DrupalCon Denver? I've been asked that question repeatedly over the past couple months, and so I figured I'd write up a little explanation for anyone else that's curious.
  • Tue, 08/09/2011 - 19:06
    The countdown begins! In case you forgot, Antoine, Christopher, and I are shipping off for DrupalCon London...and we fly out in less than 10 days. We're stoked to go, and we want to make the best of our time there. So, we're soliciting your help!
  • Mon, 07/18/2011 - 18:56
    I was in Boston with Koumbit designers, which were attending the Design Camp. But I wasn't there for the camp (although I did drop by to say hi), but for the Drush sprint.
  • Fri, 06/10/2011 - 17:46
    We've been talking about it for months. Now we're putting our money where our mouths are, and buying three tickets for DrupalCon London (August 22-26)! What's got us really stoked this time is Aegir. (“Eagur? Ayegir? WTF?” you might ask...)
  • Fri, 04/15/2011 - 17:48
    Koumbit, through funding from the Ministère des Services Gouvernementaux, has sponsored the release coordination of the final 1.0 release of Aegir, the main software behind our next-generation AlternD.com shared hosting service. As one of its founding principles, free software has always been a driving force for our project. In accordance with that principle, we make sure that the software we develop for clients, and that we base our services upon, is shared with the community. This allows us to get help from the community, but also helps everyone to setup services like the ones Koumbit.org provides - so that people are not locked into our services, and we allow the internet to flourish in a decentralised fashion. This release comes as a turning point for Koumbit as we are about to relaunch our AlternD.com "software as a service" offering based on OpenAtrium and Aegir, in May 2011. Read on for a short description taken from the release notes for version 1.0.
  • Tue, 03/29/2011 - 18:24
    Here is a summary of my activities at Drupalcon 2011 in Chicago. I mostly got involved around the aegir project, but also attended and participated in a few sessions and BOFs.
  • Thu, 03/17/2011 - 19:51
    Date and time:  Saturday, 26 March 2011 - 1:00pm If you come to install Aegir, please bring a computer either running Linux (ideally Debian) or with access to a Debian server. For the more adventurous type, it is also possible to install Aegir on OSX, CentOS or Solaris.