This site is a static archive of the Aegir community site. Documentation has moved to http://docs.aegirproject.org. Other community resources can be found on the Contacting the community page.
Skip navigation

Talk

On Squeeze, I tried to install aegir2, but have some dependency errors, firstly stating I need hostmaster2 and provision2, then stating I need drush5.5 or greater. I have installed drush5.8 using php-pear package, but apt-get mustn't know about this.

• What is the 2.x procedure for the automatic installation?
  • Is there a method to add a higher version of drush than 4.5 to squeeze-backports so that apt-get knows the correct drush version?

I thought that running 'apt-get install aegir2' would have picked up the correct hostmaster and provision (aegir-provision2 and aegir-hostmaster2), as I think it does for 'apt-get install aegir'.

root@aegir2:~# apt-get install aegir2
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree      
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
aegir2 : Depends: aegir-provision2 (>= 2.0~alpha1) but it is not going to be installed
          Depends: aegir-hostmaster2 (>= 2.0~alpha1) but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages
root@aegir2:~# apt-get install aegir-provision2 aegir-hostmaster2
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree      
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
aegir-hostmaster2 : Depends: drush (>= 5.5) but 4.5-2~bpo60+1 is to be installed
aegir-provision2 : Depends: drush (>= 5.5) but 4.5-2~bpo60+1 is to be installed
E: Broken packages

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

@mccrodp: I had a similar experiance, and opend this issue: http://drupal.org/node/1920152

Would it be possible to add "profile" as an option, just like "makefile"?

Sure. It would have to be added to the drush hostmaster-install and possibly hostmaster-migrate commands. Feel free to open an issue. Patches welcome ;)

Thanks to jonpugh @ #32 and #33 for helping me get aegir 1.9 going with a fresh install of Debian Wheezy. The default wheezy version of drush is now too new (v5.x) for aegir 1.x. You need version 4.x, available in squeeze-backports. If you've already tried to install and run into "The drush command '@hostmaster status' could not be found." you must purge aegir and drush before attempting to reinstall with the correct drush version pinned.

I had problem installing aegir2 on debian 7. Warning was

ERROR: Module ssl does not exist!

This can be solved with enabling mod_ssl on your apache2. For my case I needed to create /etc/apache2/mods-available/ssl.load with content

LoadModule ssl_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_ssl.so

After creating that file and restarting apache enable module sudo a2enmod ssl.