Weekly Scrum IRC Log: 2011-01-14

06:59 <@anarcat> SCRUM START NOW!
06:59 <@anarcat> welcome everyone :)
06:59 <@anarcat> i'll start with myself
06:59 <@anarcat> i am just out of a lenghty (2.5 week) vacation
06:59 <@anarcat> which was very good
06:59 <@anarcat> i have done absolutely no aegir work since decembre
07:00 <@anarcat> and i don't plan on doing anything until monday
07:00 <@anarcat> at which point we'll update our prod server to head and try to make it work
07:00 <@anarcat> i had big unexpected issues last time with that http://drupal.org/node/1003700
07:00 <@anarcat> in general, i feel there's something very fishy with aliases, i feel this affects more than one of my server instances\
07:00 <@anarcat> i suspect it may be related to drush 3.3 or the drush package of
07:01 <@anarcat> so i'll be working on that
07:01 <@anarcat> i have also a huge backlog of internal aegir issues that may yield a few bugfixes
07:01 <@anarcat> this will be a good Q/A to maybe lead to an RC somewhere next week
07:01 <@anarcat> so that's it for me
07:01 <@mig5> nice one
07:02 <@mig5> i've not done much except, updated our makefiles to depend on drush 4 and new drush make
07:02 <@mig5> i also updated the upgrade script to remove some hardcoded crap and be more consistent with the install.sh
07:02 <@anarcat> coool
07:02 <@mig5> i *wanted* to work on DNS but sorry, I am just really struggling to do anything aegir :(
07:02 <@anarcat> you've actually done some real work, crazy ;)
07:02 <@mig5> well not really.. :s
07:03 <@mig5> finally, i'll just note on what i think is our most critical bug right now, and i hope to focus on this instead
07:03 <@mig5> http://drupal.org/node/976300
07:03 <@anarcat> Vertice: anything to add? how is the DNS change coming up?
07:03  * anarcat takes a look
07:03 <@mig5> verify a remote platform/site and it deletes shit in your site's /files dir :s
07:03 <@anarcat> right, ok
07:03 <@anarcat> mig5: i think it's good to sync only some files and not the whole dir
07:03 <@mig5> because we do these crazy syncs of the entire codebase *after just syncing the settings.php, and then the drushrc.php, etc*
07:03 <@mig5> yes
07:04 <@mig5> anyway, can discuss that later, just wanted to mention what i think i'll focus on for the moment
07:04 <@anarcat> that's very good.
07:04 <@mig5> and that's it from me
07:04 <@anarcat> and it it's RC indeed
07:04 <@anarcat> i need Vertice to do changes to the DNS to activate ergonlogic's API site so we have api.aegirproject.org
07:04 <@anarcat> anyone else wants to add something?
07:04 <@mig5> i'd like to add to that and possibly take over the hosting of aegirproject.org at least, so we can get that updated
07:05 < ergonlogic> thanks anarcat
07:05 <@mig5> or possibly even take over the DNS for aegirproject.org itself, in the event i ever need to move the mailing list server or something
07:05 < eft_> mig5 : +1 to that idea
07:05 <@mig5> just for the sake of speed, but it's up to devseed
07:05 <@anarcat> yeah
07:05 <@anarcat> i don't mind you hosting that, koumbit can also host DNS and the site
07:05 <@mig5> yeah either way :)
07:05 <@anarcat> i offered this to Vertice, i expect us to have DNS soon
07:05 <@mig5> cool
07:05 <@anarcat> (us = koumbit)
07:05 <@mig5> yep
07:06 <@anarcat> but for the site, yeah, it would be important to at least have a backup ...
07:06 <@mig5> darthsteven: feel free to chime in - you've been doing great work with contrib aegir stuff
07:06 < darthsteven> ah okay
07:06 < eft_> either way, it would be nice to increase the cookie timeout on community.aegir.org
07:06 <@anarcat> yeah, if anyone else wants to jump in, feel free to talk :)
07:06 < darthsteven> So I've been thinking mostly
07:06 <@anarcat> if you're doing dev on aegir, now's the time to talk (after darthsteven :)
07:06 < darthsteven> Mainly about provision contexts
07:07 < darthsteven> and provision-save and services and how all the pieces fit together
07:07 < darthsteven> I have an outline for a handbook page(s) that should document most of what's going on
07:08 <@mig5> oh that'd be nice. since you have chosen the bit that no-one understands how it really is meant to work :)
07:08 < darthsteven> Nothing new in contrib land from me this week
07:08 <@anarcat> cool
07:08 <@anarcat> i think Vertice did some work in that direction in the handbook already
07:08 <@anarcat> ok
07:08 <@anarcat> anyone else?
07:08 < darthsteven> mig5: yeah, it is complex...
07:08 < darthsteven> that's it from me
07:08 <@mig5> yes darthsteven http://community.aegirproject.org/node/41 have a read of that if you've not already
07:09 <@anarcat> cool
07:09 <@anarcat> ok last call, anyone else?
07:09 <@anarcat> anybody have time to log this into the community site?
07:09 <@mig5> sure
07:09 <@mig5> thanks all! goodscrum
07:10 <@anarcat> thanks!
07:10 <@anarcat> happy new year everybody, and thanks for attending!
07:10 <@anarcat> SCRUM END!
07:10 < darthsteven>