The Aegir team is pleased to announce the first release candidate of the Aegir 3.x branch, after months of development. Development has been sometimes intermittent, but it is not over yet!
This release is tailored to make upcoming changes available to a wider audience than people ready to install from git, but also to make features more widely available and tested.
In the issue queues the central roadmap issue is: #1261030 [meta] Roadmap: Aegir 3.x (D7 port)
1. Major changes
- None, mostly small bugfixes
2. Major API changes
to be determined.
3. Installing and upgrading
The canonical source of installation documentation is
We're in the process of converting our docs, the old version is on http://community.aegirproject.org/installing
In a similar fashion, the upgrade documentation is:
Note that you should upgrade to the latest 2.x release (currently: 2.4) before attempting the upgrade to 3.x..
It is still imperative that you read the upgrade path and version-specific information and follow all version-specific upgrade instructions before trying to run the upgrade script or manual upgrade.
4. Need help?
If you struggle to install or upgrade your Aegir system, you have a number of options available to you for getting help.
Consult this page for more information: http://community.aegirproject.org/help
Thanks to our awesome community for their help, support and encouragement as always! Enjoy the new release :)
5. Features and improvements
In addition to the "major changes" mentioned above, the following should also be noted.
Changes to hostmaster since 7.x-3.0-beta2:
Changes to provision since 7.x-3.0-beta2:
- #2530904 by PascalAnimateur: Unknown package version in Drupal 7
- #2530904 by PascalAnimateur, ybabel: Package version always set to Unknown
- #2511772 by danwonac - Nginx: Restore support for legacy rewrites non-clean URLs
- #2497091 - The replacement string in the third line needs to be literal
- Clarify regex alter function API docs.
- Replace drupal_set_message by drush_log
- #2496417: Drupal 6 and PHP 5.6 (Debian Jessie)
- Match Drush 8
- Set port properly when generating temporary .my.cnf.
Changes to hosting since 7.x-3.0-beta2:
- #2507089 by gboudrias: Dependency on overlay?
- #2446749 by Jon Pugh: Improve hosting task drush hooks and status update
6. Known issues
- Drupal 8 support is (Chasing HEAD) not complete.
- Drush master has an issue on Debian Wheezy (https://www.drupal.org/node/2491941)