The Aegir team is proud to announce the ninth release in the stable 1.x release branch! This release ships two minor security fixes and various bugfixes that have accumulated in the issue queue since the 1.8 release.
We also want to announce that Omega8.cc is joining the growing list of organisations financially supporting the core development of the Aegir project. In a partnership with Koumbit.org, Omega8.cc is dedicating money to make sure Antoine Beaupré, one of the core team members, can dedicate one day a week of his time on raw Aegir development. Along with the existing commitments of Computerminds (Steven Jones), mig5 (Miguel Jacq) and the existing commitment of Koumbit.org, Aegir is well assured of continuous development and long term maintenance.
1. Installing and upgrading
The canonical source of installation documentation is on the community site at:
In a similar fashion, the upgrade documentation is:
It is still imperative that you read the the upgrade path and version-specific information and follow all version-specific upgrade instructions before trying to run the upgrade script or manual upgrade. This especially applies to users upgrading from releases prior to 0.4-alpha8, including 0.3.
For users coming from the 0.4 betas or recent rc releases, there are unlikely to be any version-specific manual steps required to upgrade, but you should make a habit of reading them anyway just to make sure. No-one likes a nasty surprise!
2. Need help?
If you struggle to install or upgrade your Aegir system, you have a number of options available to you for getting help.
Consult this page for more information: http://community.aegirproject.org/help
Thanks to our awesome community for their help, support and encouragement as always! Enjoy the new release :)
No features were added in this release.
4. Security fixes
- Filter Drush log messages properly when viewing task logs.
- Properly exit after calling drupal_access_denied() on package/task nodes.
See also the security advisory (SA-CONTRIB-2012-080) for more information.
5. Bug fixes
- #1550284: Fixed Warningns after enabling 'web pack'.
- #1549210: Fixed Drush 'failed' errors are not correctly logged.
- #1503824: Fixed hosting_site_count() ignores disabled sites.
- Fix for compatibility with Nginx 1.3.0 or newer.
- #1555398: ensure the master server in a Pack is given a MySQL GRANT, if it was not also @server_master
- Add more verbosity to the notorious 'failed to fail' error, pointing to an item in the FAQ.
- #1573004: provision-migrate fails with 'Dummy connection failed to fail: mysql: option -e' requires an argument on Debian Wheezy
- #1573182: Verifying a platform should abort if it can't be bootstrapped<
- #1552228: Nginx configuration for limit_conn should be compatible with version >= 1.1.8
- #1454316: Fixed Provision recurses infinitely on reading in context.
- #1504120: Fixed Script user of remote servers is ignored
- #1205956: Document the Provision API
- Only errors 500 and 503 are supported in fastcgi_cache_use_stale (Nginx).
- #1544144: Use $server_name instead of $host in all sites/ paths to avoid broken URLs to static files for domain aliases in D7 (Nginx).
- Do not cache http auth requests. Use compact microcaching config (Nginx).
- Use separate cache for spiders/bots (Nginx).
- #1528996: Nginx microcaching should use fastcgi_cache_valid with 5s only for 403 error.
6. Known issues
No know issues at this time.