The Aegir team is happy to release the seventh stable release in the 1.x branch.
This release fixes a regression introduced in the 1.5 release that stopped users from being able to compare sites when migrating. It also contains a number of small bug fixes and documentation fixes.
We recommend you upgrade your Aegir system.
1. Installing and upgrading
The canonical source of installation documentation is on the community site at:
In a similar fashion, the upgrade documentation is:
It is still imperative that you read the the upgrade path and version-specific information and follow all version-specific upgrade instructions before trying to run the upgrade script or manual upgrade. This especially applies to users upgrading from releases prior to 0.4-alpha8, including 0.3.
For users coming from the 0.4 betas or recent rc releases, there are unlikely to be any version-specific manual steps required to upgrade, but you should make a habit of reading them anyway just to make sure. No-one likes a nasty surprise!
2. Need help?
If you struggle to install or upgrade your Aegir system, you have a number of options available to you for getting help.
Consult this page for more information: http://community.aegirproject.org/help
Thanks to our awesome community for their help, support and encouragement as always! Enjoy the new release :)
- #1333978: add a conditional when validating site aliases to ensure that not only do no other sites use this alias, but that it isn't identical to the site name itself. Fixes a redirect loop
- #1330984: by Steven Jones: Fixed Long list of notices on site verify.
- #1330018: by Dane Powell: Fixed Can't compare platforms ('table doesn't exist' and other warnings).
- #1146238: by mig5: Fixed The Reset password task for Drupal 5.x sites creates not working one-time login link.
- #1322208: by helmo - fix provision-restore help information and add an example
- #1336838: Added documentation for --makefile to provision-save, and fixed the style.
4. Known issues
See also the 1.0 release notes for known issues in the 1.x series.